Thursday, November 20, 2014

Review: Burn for Me (Hidden Legacy #1) by Ilona Andrews

Drop everything and pick this book. Now
Title: Burn for Me
Series: Hidden Legacy
Author: Ilona Andrews
Publisher: Avon, US
My ratings: 5 out of 5 stars
Released: 29th October, 2014
E ver had a book which you loved so much that you could not make yourself write a review for it because you fear you will not be able to do justice to it. This is precisely the reason why I always struggle to write reviews for my favourite authors in the whole wide world. One part of me chastises that as a blogger I should get them as much exposure as possible but the other side always wins and I cannot make myself write.

I received Burn For Me as an advanced review copy months before writing this review. I read it as soon as it downloaded on my Kindle and then I reread it two months later as I loved it so much.

Ilona Andrews have developed a new world with new power players which rule the world. We have powerful magic families who by careful breeding , have insanely powerful and magical off springs who have various powers. These magical families are influential and rich. In this cut throat world lives Nevada who is a private investigator and is tasked with bringing a dangerous Prime magic user who unleashes fire, which she cannot refuse. Stuck between a rock and a hard place she reluctantly has to work with the sociopath Mad Rogan, another Prime who could destroy everything Nevada stands for.

I have screamed, shouted and squealed about how much I love Ilona Andrews and their brand of writing. Burn For me delivers all that and more. The world building is solid and all en-compassing which provides a perfect cauldron for this story to begin. We have Nevada who reluctantly takes this dangerous case under duress. The Andrews know there characters so well and they prove over and over again that writing an intelligent, likable , strong and yet vulnerable heroine works for readers every time. Nevada is witty, sensible, caring, kind but ruthless when it comes to her family. She feels real and her circumstances have shaped her into becoming the person she is now. Tough on the outside and goey inside. That is what catches Mad Rogan’s eye.

What I also love about this writing duo is how much research they put into every aspect of the story they write. The actions of the characters may seem strange but it is always explained by a bit of psychology. For example, in their Kate Daniels series they write the Pack Dynamics so well and the same with Mad Rogan. How he manipulates people around him with his power and influence is a piece of brilliance which cannot be over seen. The male leads in all their books are made all the more attractive by not just their looks but also their power, influence and intelligence. The last two aspects are what make every Ilona Andrew male lead unforgettable.

Also worth mentioning is how much realistic details are written into the story. Be it the type of guns used or if it’s a rapier or a sword or a talwar which makes the blood thirsty in me clap gleefully. Mad Rogan is dangerous, demanding, powerful and temptation incarnate for Nevada. He is crazy and I love how the chemistry between Nevada and Rogan flowers and soon it starts burning with the intensity of their attraction.

I can keep lamenting about how much I love this book and how wonderful this book is but nothing beats good ‘ole try it yourself. If you want to read some fantasy romance but are fed up of the angst filled Paranormal romance or you simple want to read an amazing, makes you smile romance book with lots of ass being kicked and keeps you on the edge of your seat, drop everything and pick this book now. I mean immediately. Now.

ARC provided by Avon via Edelweiss



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say?
I love comments on my blog. Leave a comment and I'd do my best to reply as quickly as possible.

 

Escapism Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Ugg Boots Sale | web hosting