Sunday, May 3, 2015

Review: Rogue (Talon #2) by Julie Kagawa



Dragons, forbidden romance and Julie Kagawa, don't need anything more.
Title: Rogue
Series: : Talon
Author: Julie Kagawa
Publisher: MiraINK, UK
My ratings: 4 out of 5 stars
Released: 28th April, 2015
Rogue is the sequel to the Talon, the new series by Julie Kagawa. She is most known for her Iron Fey series but I'm a fan of her Blood of Eden series.

Rogue picks up pretty much where Talon stops. After Garret is taken prisoner it is Ember's turn to rescue Garrett. However to do so she has to get help from Cobalt. This results in a lot of Cobalt spread out in the book. While I did enjoy reading about Cobalt, I have my suspicions that Kagawa is up to no good. I've pretty much read everything written by her and I understand her style of writing. Which means that the story is going in a direction I'm not sure I like. If I can see a love triangle forming which in some ways excites and fills me with dread. I want Ember and Garrett to be together forever but Cobalt seems to be getting in the way and then I'll be a puddle of tears at the end as I won't know whom to chose. Either way my heart will be broken.

I loved Ember. She is a character which I can genuinely root for. She is struggling on the inside and I think this is what readers are able to relate most. She is trying to do the right thing and her inner struggle gives her depth, loyalty and strength of character. The action is exhilarating and the forbidden romance aspect adds excitement to the relationship.

Overall, Rogue was full of action, romance of the best kind, angst and fast car ride without breaks. I fell and fell until it it came to an abrupt stop with the cliff-hanger. Now I'm literally hanging on the edge of my seat to find out what will happen next. Julie Kagawa knows to write and she toys with her readers. I cannot wait for the next book with which I'll trust Julie to deliver another amazing instalment which will be long and agonising.

To sum it all, I only have a few words. Dragons, forbidden romance and Julie Kagawa. I don't need much to pick this series up.



Review copy provided by MiraINK, UK

Releases 28th April, 2015




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say?
I love comments on my blog. Leave a comment and I'd do my best to reply as quickly as possible.

 

Escapism Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Ugg Boots Sale | web hosting