Monday, June 22, 2015

Review: Suicide Notes From Beautiful Girls by Lynn Weingarten



Raw, primeval with wild emotions
Title: Suicide Notes from Beautiful Girls
Author: Lynn Weingarten
Publisher:Electric Monkey, UK
My ratings: 4 out of 5 stars
Released: 2nd of July, 2015
C alling this book a mixture of gone Girl and 13 Reasons why piqued my interest enough that I had to pick this book up and give it a go.I am being repeated surprised with contemporary books lately and suicide notes from Beautiful girls is no exception.

It starts of with June getting the news that her ex best friend had killed herself. Over the last few months Delia and June had grown apart. June is filled with regret and anguish about her sudden death but soon Delia Boy friend tells her how Delia couldn't have done it herself That she was murdered. June is convinced that Jeremiah is right and is determined to find the truth. the story is told from various POV with flash backs of the past. Through June's eyes we get to see Delia and love her as much as June did.

Wild, and uncontrollable Delia was everything June was not and both had a strange unbreakable bond which slowly withers away. I enjoyed this book immensely. I thought it was gripping and June's pain for her loss was palpable. We get flash backs of their childhood together and how they were each other's soul mates. Until the 'twist' happens. I think this is where the story loses it's steam. I can't go into it as it will be spoilery but the marketing tag lines gives it away. I suppose the author was trying to leave events to the reader's imagination but some times it I felt it required a little more explaining.

Besides the crazy plotlines towards the end, I really enjoyed the writing style. The choice of words and the descriptions for the emotions churning , were raw and primeval, making my palms clammy with fear.It invoked a sense was wildness in the story which was gripping, imaginative and gruesome. I ate it up.

I enjoyed the first half of the book but found the second half lacking with many plot threads left hanging without proper explanation. I'd definitely recommended it to YA fans, who like dark, thrilling contemporaries.

Releases 2nd of July, 2015 
Review copy provided by the publisher, Electric Monkey UK



13 comments:

Unknown on July 1, 2015 at 8:57 AM said...

Thanks, I have been seeking for information about this topic for ages and yours is the best Ive discovered so far. Alpha ZXT I thought Id share a quote with you from U.G. Krishnamurti that pertains to your blog, please dont take offense. You assume that there is such a thing as truth, you assume that there is such a thing as reality (ultimate or otherwise) – it is that assumption that is creating the problem, the suffering for you.http://www.healthsupreviews.com/is-alpha-zxt-scam-or-legit/


Unknown on July 9, 2015 at 10:11 AM said...

Nice to be visiting your web page again, it has been months for me. Well this article that i have been waited for so long. King Size Male Enhancement I need this piece to complete my assignment in college, and it has same topic with your piece. Thanks, great share.Hey! I just noticed one other message in one other weblog that regarded like this. How are you aware all these items? That's one cool post.http://www.strongmenmuscle.com/king-size-male-enhancement/

Unknown on July 13, 2015 at 12:34 PM said...

Thank you for discussing that fantastic content material on your web site. I came across it on google. King Size Male Enhancement I will check to come back if you publish more aricles.What I wouldnt give to have a debate with you about this. You just say so many things that come from nowhere that Im quite sure Id have a fair shot. Your blog is great visually, I mean people wont be bored. But others who can see past the videos and the layout wont be so impressed together with your generic understanding of this topic.http://www.healthcaresdiscussion.com/king-size-male-enhancement/


Unknown on August 7, 2015 at 2:03 PM said...

I was checking through the internet for some information since yesterday night and I finally found what i was looking for! Addium This is a magnificent website by the way, although it seems to be a little difficult to see in my android phone.Howdy, simply became alert to your weblog via Bing, and found that its truly informative. I'm gonna watch out for brussels. I will be grateful for those who continue this in future. Numerous folks might be benefited out of your writing. Thank you.http://guidemesupplements.com/addium/

SynagenIQ on August 21, 2015 at 12:13 PM said...

keep up the excellent work , I read few blog posts on this site and I believe that your weblog is real Neuro Elite interesting and contains circles of great info .The way you write make it especially easy to read. And the theme you use, wow. This is a really good combination. And I am wondering what is the name of the template you use?http://www.supplements4help.com/neuro-elite/


Kraemer Jason on August 25, 2015 at 10:23 AM said...

Im not able to view this website properly on firefox I believe theres a drawback
Wow, this is very fun to read. Alpha XTRM Have you ever considered submitting articles to magazines?I agree using the author that individuals need to discuss the knowledge we gain!There will not be many websites with info like this man! Bookmarked!http://www.healthcaresdiscussion.com/alpha-xtrm/

Anonymous said...

Im gonna have to bookmark this and come back to it. Do you have any feedback on your most recent Adderin post though?How are You, do You know what sikis izle means? Is it in turkish?I was exploring online for some info since.
http://guidemesupplements.com/adderin/

Unknown on August 28, 2015 at 11:02 AM said...

I have since gotten a new one and it took me a while to locate this! I also really like the template though.that that way Prolongz Im sure there will be hundreds of people that appreciate this information. Im sure all of us readers appreciate your efforts as much as me!Id constantly want to be update on new blog posts on this website.http://www.healthcaresdiscussion.com/prolongz/

Unknown on August 29, 2015 at 8:13 AM said...

believe this but I have lost all day hunting for some articles about this. I wish I knew of this site earlier, Alpha XTRM it was a good read and really helped me out. Have a good oneIts really a nice and helpful piece of information. Im glad that you shared this helpful info with us. Please keep us informed like this. Thanks for sharing.I consider this to be a great article! http://www.nutritionguideweb.com/alpha-xtrm/

Anonymous said...

Thank you pertaining to taking turns that excellent subject material on your web-site. I discovered it on the search engines. Alpha XTRM I will check back again if you post more aricles.http://www.supplements4help.com/alpha-xtrm-scam/


Anonymous said...

Enjoyable post I tend to be of the same mind with most of what you wrote. I would love to see more posts on this. Cognimaxx XL I will bookmark and come back.I finding for informatin in usa and I read your post that so useful for me, thx google I found your site for great info.http://www.healthsupreviews.com/cognimaxx-xl/


Unknown on November 23, 2015 at 1:45 PM said...

on lipstick common a hidden the lip balm combination that I use all my Leo one-third gay and I used two jordaniantwisted Sham was dry them bombs dying in New cheek in Revlon just bitten kissable balm stain E in darling so you know you guys I love the if I use both the bellO'Malia is used throughout and I loved it bowl like I share a loopy love me is just though Pretty I just love it when I look on the mom I learned the champagne cooler .
http://www.nutritionofhealth.com/pura-bella-skin-care/

Unknown on July 28, 2016 at 9:14 AM said...

who is treating the reader. The different methods of zynev recruitment that may be inferred from articles are purely informative in scientific purposes (it comes to scientific studies, insights, personal experiences of athletes and professionals) and therefore should not be taken as a reference pratico.Gli supplements (unless otherwise required of a professional) must be used according to the dosage on the label. How to increase testosterone - 20.
http://www.vitaminofhealth.com/zynev-male-enhancement/

Post a Comment

Have something to say?
I love comments on my blog. Leave a comment and I'd do my best to reply as quickly as possible.

 

Escapism Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Ugg Boots Sale | web hosting