Friday, June 5, 2015

Review: Seed by Lisa Heathfield



A twisted, ugly, raw emotion churning experience.
Title: Seed
Author: Lisa Heathfield
Publisher:Electric Monkey, UK
My ratings: 4 out of 5 stars
Released: 16th April, 2014
W hile I had Seed sitting on my Kindle for a while, I did not plan on reading until I saw the glowing recommendation by one of my fellow UK Book Blogger. She urged me to pick it up and I admit I'm grateful that she did.

It also took me a while to write a review for Seed as the book left my thoughts disarrayed and scattered. I will only give a vague premise as I strongly believe even a small detail can be spoilery. So Pearl lives in a farm called Seed, with her family. She is home schooled and and worships nature with their leader Papa S. Seed and it's life is what Pearl know until one day there are new comers who bring new scenarios and new questions with them.

I'm purposely being vague here as this book is something which should be gone into as blind as possible and the way things get revealed is half the fun. Pearl's life seems perfect to her and at first she hates the newcomers who bring uncertainty with them. The relationships between the people in Seed kept me on my edge of my seat. The whole set up so weird and twisted but reading from Pearl's point of view, it seemed the other way around. Ellis and his family bring the much needed change and then events starts unfolding rather quickly. Some of them are sweet while some of them were horrifying.

What I loved most about Seed was how there were different dynamics between each family member and how skilfully Lisa Heathfield manages to capture ever glare and glances which are telling yet leaving me asking me for more clarification. The author is a master of 'showing not telling' which gave so much depth to this book.

The ending is what left me utterly gobsmacked. I wasn't sure if I wanted to applaud or scream at my Kindle for the ending. I may warn you it felt like a cliff hanger to me.

This book is highly recommended to YA readers who want to try something new bored with the regular dystopian, contemporary romance, or fantasy. It was twisted, ugly, raw, emotion churning experience which I definitely want to repeat again and again. Do yourself a favour and try this book.

Special thanks to Michelle from Tales of Yesterday for her recommendation

Review based on a copy received from the publisher via Netgalley.



3 comments:

Unknown on June 29, 2015 at 7:50 AM said...

Highly rated post. I study one thing totally new on totally different blogs everyday. CogniQ Deciding on one . stimulating to learn the paper content from other writers and be taught a little one thing from their website. I'd like to apply sure of this content material on my blog you're mind. Natually I'll give a hyperlink right here we are at your web-site. Admire your sharing.http://www.supplements4help.com/cogniq/

Unknown on July 3, 2015 at 8:20 AM said...

Wow Im frustrated. Im not pointing fingers at you though, I think it is everyone else out there that isnt taking notice. Alpha ZXT You have actually created some exceptional points here. I specifically appreciate the way you've been able to stick so much thought into a relatively short post (comparitively) which creates it an thoughtful publish on your subject. In my opinion, you've presented the topic in a quite thorough yet concise manner, that is genuinely useful when somebody wants to get the facts without spending too a lot time searching the web and sifting out the noise to discover the answers to their questions.http://www.musclegainhelp.com/neuro3x/

Kraemer Jason on August 25, 2015 at 10:22 AM said...

Between me and my husband weve owned more MP3 players over the years than I can count, including Sansas, iRivers, iPods (classic & touch), Alpha XTRM he Ibiza Rhapsody, etc. But, the last few years Ive settled down to one line of players. Why? Because I was happy to discover how well-designed and fun to use the underappreciated (and widely mocked) Zunes are.Wow, this was very fun to read. Have you ever considered submitting articles to magazines?http://www.healthcaresdiscussion.com/alpha-xtrm/

Post a Comment

Have something to say?
I love comments on my blog. Leave a comment and I'd do my best to reply as quickly as possible.

 

Escapism Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Ugg Boots Sale | web hosting