Saturday, January 3, 2015

ARC Review: Falling Away (Fall Away #2) by Penelope Douglas



Bitter disappointment
Title: Falling Away
Author: Penelope Douglas
Series: Fall Away
Publisher: Piatkus Entice, UK
My ratings: 3 out of 5 stars
Released: 6th January, 2015
Rival was an absolute pleasure to read and when I heard that Falling Away will be another offering by Penelope Douglas I was all over it. In fact I started it as soon as I opened the package with a look of absolute delight. Unfortunately, Falling Away did not quite live up to my expectation. The story is about Tate's best friend and Jared's younger brother Jax who is all grown up. There has always been a spark between them and when KC is transferred to her home town to complete her community service, the spark turns into a blazing fire and KC and Jax start living next door.

Falling Away has everything NA books have to offer. It has a delicious guy and and a girl, while both of them have issues, from emotional scars they had from their childhood and falling in love with each other heals them. Na books are such a hit and miss, sometimes they tick all the boxes but somehow they fail to invoke the same enjoyment that some NA books manage to do.

I simply failed to connect with either KC and Jax and the the whole horrible childhood felt manufactured and forced to me. I didn't feel any real connection or chemistry between them and the angst seemed unnecessary. while I loved the premise and the story line for Rival, Falling Away failed to entice anything out of me.

Honestly speaking, there was nothing wrong with the book, story or plot but it simply failed to impress me or even leave an impression on me. The disappointment was more crushing as the previous book by the same author rocked my world.

Falling Away has everything going for it and firmly believe that it was be enjoyed by many NA fans and unfortunately for me, it felt unremarkable and plain. I will definitely pick up the book by Penelope Douglas as I do enjoy her writing and style, which is fresh, funky and an affinity to the readers that keeps them on tenterhooks.

Review copy received from the publisher, Piatkus Books, UK 

  Falling Away releases on the 6th of January, 2015



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say?
I love comments on my blog. Leave a comment and I'd do my best to reply as quickly as possible.

 

Escapism Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Ugg Boots Sale | web hosting