Sunday, April 6, 2014

Letterbox Love

Letterbox Love is a new weekly meme hosted by Narratively Speaking. UK book bloggers have joined together and made a British version of a mailbox meme which is excellent.




My dear Escapists,

It's been a long time since I did a LetterBox Love. My apologies. Life keeps getting in the way and sometimes it is difficult to post if nothing interesting came through the post.  This past month have been good in terms of reading and reviews. Well, not so good with reviews but my reading has been more organised and I'm taking it easy and only reading what I fancy. 

So here's what I have this past month.

Books I received:


I won Far From You in a blog giveaway and I couldn't be happier. I've read so many good reviews and I'm sure it will be great.
 Jessica Sorensen has many fans but I'm yet to be converted. I haven't read anything by her yet but have seen her other books around. Considering how many New Adults books I've been reading lately, The Temptation of Lila and Ethan will be a welcome addition. Thank you Little Brown Books.



I won this on a GoodReads giveaway. I have not given this a shot yet but the hardback and the cover is  beautiful and makes me want to pick up my pencil and my sketch pad to draw the beautiful leafless trees on it.


The Devil's Ribbon is a signed copy that I won on a giveaway. Yes, my luck really has been shinning lately.  The Offering by Kimberly Derting is the epic conclusion to The Pledge series. I enjoyed the previous books, The Pledge and The Essence. More on The Offering coming soon on my review. 

I have not read Rachel Caine's popular Morganville Vampire series yet. The number of books in the series so far frighten me a little. However, I can wholeheartedly recoomend her other adult series called The Revivalist Series. The first book, Working Stiff and Two Week's Notice were a thrilling to say the least. Prince of Shadows does not reveal much from it's blurb. but as it's been written by such a talented writer, I'll surely give it a go.
Thank you Allison and Busby,

Phew, This is all the physical books I received recently. I won't even start on my NetGalley books as this post will be stupidly long. I get clicky fingers on that site. Seriously

What books did you get this week? Any books which made you sequel when you opened the pakage or any which surprised you?



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say?
I love comments on my blog. Leave a comment and I'd do my best to reply as quickly as possible.

 

Escapism Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Ugg Boots Sale | web hosting