Saturday, March 1, 2014

Review: Shadowdance (Darkest London #4) by Kristen Callihan


Dark, thrilling and exciting
Title: Shadowdance
Author: Kristen Callihan
Publisher: Grand Central Publishing, US
My ratings: 5 out of 5 stars
Releases: 17th December, 2013
  Darkest London books are always a treat for me. Whenever I am bored with the usual Historical romances or even the odd urban fantasy, I pick up Kristen Callihan’s books and chase all my blues away.
I have thoroughly enjoyed the last three book in the Darkest London series so when Shadowdance came out, I was confident that it would entertain me again. Well, it did not disappoint at all. Shadowdance tells the story of Mary and Jack who have an odd relationship. They always argue and bicker but beneath it all there is a flame of attraction that would not go away. So when a murderer is on the loose and Mary suspects that Jack is involved, she decides to step in and hence begins the adventure.

Shadowdance was immensely enjoyable with a good dose of intrigue and mystery. There was action and new characters were introduced. I love how Kristen is slowly expanding the Darkest London World with more and more supernaturals being introduced and the plot keeps getting thicker.

 Of course this is Kristen Callihan’s writing so it was full of thick sexual tension and charged arguments and confrontations. I enjoyed how much Jack and Mary fought throughout this book but when they come together, man it was hot! It was intense and totally worth the wait.

 Shadowdance tells the story of Jack and Mary so we have brief appearance from Daisy, Ian, Poppy and Win. But I really missed Archer and Miranda. No matter how good the subsequent books are in this series and my favourite book will be Firelight. The chemistry between Archer and Miranda was something to behold and the mystery behind Archer’s mask kept me engaged.

 Shadowdance was dark, romantic, thrilling, and mysterious with a dash of steam punk. Jack was your quintessential tortured hero while Mary was anything but your regular girl next door. The world was well built, the plot tight and the premise engaging. I’d recommend it to all historical romance readers and fans of fantasy alike as this series is an excellent blend of these two and forces you to keep turning the pages into the wee hours in the morning.

Released 17th December, 2013  

ARC provided by Grand Central Publishing


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say?
I love comments on my blog. Leave a comment and I'd do my best to reply as quickly as possible.

 

Escapism Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Ugg Boots Sale | web hosting