Thursday, July 19, 2012

Early Review: The Dark Knight Rises

CAT GOT YOUR TONGUE?

Mine certainly did.


"Fabulous' is the word I would use to describe the last part of the Batman Trilogy, The Dark Knight Rises.
I was lucky enough to go to the Batman European Premier. No, I’m not talking about the one in Leicester square I’m afraid.

I am not sure where to begin as this is the first time I’m writing a review for a movie. Nolan has outdone himself with his direction. The acting was great and the special effects mind-blowing. In this day and age where more and more comic action movies have been showing a more human side of their superheroes Batman takes the cake. Bruce is still struggling with his guilt and emotions over the last 8 years. People have given up their faith on Batman and believe him to be the monster they all want to hate. He is immersed in self misery and has almost become a hermit but circumstances make him come out of this and face the world and rescue Gotham City. But his come back may well be too late for his beloved city. I’m not going to go to much into the plot as I want to make this as spoiler free as possible.

We get introduced to many new characters and old characters make appearances. Nolan has done an outstanding job of bringing out the emotional side of his characters. As all hell is going down, you taste the fear in your tongue. The action was fantastic and kept me on my toes. All i have to say is watch the first scene. Brilliant. Even after it was finished I wanted more and was sad that there would no more of these amazing movies to look forward to.

Anne Hathaway was an excellent Cat Woman and I loved her acting. One minute she was your normal girl and then she was the sensual, sexy Cat woman. I can’t imagine anybody else playing it that well. To be honest, I had serious doubts about it but she did it so well that I have no complaints. Plus she did all that in killer heels. And she looked beautiful. I couldn’t stop looking at her, she was that pretty. I so want to wear that outfit and drive the super badass, fire sprouting, Bat-mobile. It was super cool and I want one.

Christian Bale, where had you been before? Wow, he made such a good Batman. I have seen him many times but for some reason he never seemed to hade a massive impression on me but now. Well, all I can is that man has got beautiful biceps. How come I had never seen them before? Nice biceps aside that Batman voice.....Okay I’m getting distracted now. Ahem! Back to the topic here. He was excellent as usual and loved watching the emotions and struggling passing over his features as he was trying his best to face his enemies head one. I loved all the emotional dialogues and drama with Alfred and he plays the only family Bruce/Batman has got.

“Are you afraid, that I’d fail?".....
"I’m afraid you’d want to”





With dialogues like this and many other (hey I don’t carry pens in the dark) I was awestuck. It was a long movie, 2 hours and 45 minutes but not once did I get bored. What did annoy me was the villain Bane’s voice. I know Bane is supposed to sound funny but I hated his accent and half of the time I struggled to understand what the bloke was going on about. What I really liked was there was a shot of India. Jaipur to be precise, in the movie. I won’t say anything else’s I may end up spoiling it but I have never seen it look so pretty and mystical before.

The Big question is ‘Is it better than the last movie?”. Honestly I don’t know. I saw The Dark Knight so long ago that I don’t remember details. All I really care is I loved this movie.

Batman starts with a band and ends with one too. I laughed and cried (yes, literally) during the 2hours 45 minute in the theatre. Batman had something for everyone, romance, betrayal, heart break, sadness, fear and action and of course drama. I am so fortunate that I got to see it before everyone else did. It was truly EPIC.

Releasing on 20th July, 2012

5 out of 5 stars



4 comments:

Sandy on July 19, 2012 at 3:04 PM said...

Ah! So happy to hear that you loved it! I hope I love it too.

Escapism Fanatic on July 19, 2012 at 3:42 PM said...

Sandy - Believe me, you will love it too. It is a must watch.

Dan O. on July 20, 2012 at 8:31 AM said...

Everything about this movie is just so darn epic, that I honestly couldn’t wait to just stand up, cheer my head off, and show my love for the epic trilogy that Christopher Nolan has made for me, and made for me with total love and care. Great way to say bye-bye to everybody’s favorite Bat. Nice review.

Sandy on July 20, 2012 at 9:09 PM said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Post a Comment

Have something to say?
I love comments on my blog. Leave a comment and I'd do my best to reply as quickly as possible.

 

Escapism Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Ugg Boots Sale | web hosting