Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Lying Season (Experiment in Terror # 4) by Karina Halle


My ratings: 5 out of 5 stars.
Ineed to breathe. Lying season was a roller coaster ride which literally took my breath away. Nobody would probably believe me but I think I this is my favourite book so far. I loved loved loved it.

It's Christmas time and Perry is invited to Shownet’s Christmas Party. This is all fine and good but she has to stay with Dex and his girlfriend during this time. Painful. At the same time, the Experiment in Terror team has to shoot the next episode in a mental hospital. After the revelation in Dead sky Morning, Perry does not think it s a good idea but Dex insists and off they go.

Perry," he repeated. " Do you love me?"

Skeletons come out of closets and Dex’s past keeps meddling with his present. We see Dex struggling with his past and his sanity. You can’t help but feel sorry for him.  We also get to see Dex with his girlfriend which was nothing but painful for me I mean Perry. Even if he explains, I still can’t understand what he saw in Jenn. At firs,t I was feeling bad for cheering for Perry as Dex already had a girlfriend and he would be cheating if he got together with Perry, but later I was cheering for Perry with all my heart as Jenn is a bitch through and through. I’m still not convinced about the reason why Dex is with her. I think it just shows that even if Dex may be a strong man he is still weak making him all the more interesting (and annoying). Which by the way does not mean he has been struck off from my list of fictional boyfriends. I love that he is what he is. Skinny, dodgy, untrustworthy, in need of TLC (which of course, which I can give), selfish and down right hot. What can say I have always liked the wrong types.

It was heart warming to see Perry gain more confidence in her. Yes, she still has weight issues in her mind but she seems to coping better with it. She is slowing starting to understand what people see in her and I think Dex is responsible for it to a certain extent. She is getting stronger and more confident and you can see the difference between the Perry in DarkHouse and Lying Season.


“Kiddo," Jenn repeated. "Why do you always call her that? She's not that young."
" It's a term of endearment, " he said deliberately. "Jennifer."



This time the duo is investigating a mental asylum for their show and a lot of things go down there.  Again it was spooky and I have to say while I was reading it I was jumping on each and every sounds in my house. I honestly never thought I would be so frightened by a book which I give Halle full credit for that. The writing is simple and easy to understand and even if it is advertised as YA I would warn you it has sexual scenes which are 18+.

“I'm saying that you're like my best friend, " he said. "You're are my best friend and I could never let pills take away what makes you, you. Your heart. And your beautiful soul."


Lying Season sees the pinnacle of Dex and Perry's relationship. The tension between then is out in the open for everyone to see. Halle has written it so well. The attraction, the pull and tug between them is just priceless and very entertaining. I found myself waiting with bated breath when they will have a scene together. It was so good to see them around each other day to day doing 'normal' things.


“Why is this awkward?"
"I want you to stay with me," he said. "and that's the problem. Every time you leave me, I need you a little bit more."


Their chemistry is just too good to be ignored. Their banter their flirtations, their feelings for each other is out in the open for everyone to see. It seems like only Dex is an idiot to have overlooked it so long. They obviously are perfect for each other.

I really struggled to find quotes to go with my review as my books have pages and paragraphs of highlights which I cannot publish her with out giving away spoilers. I thoroughly enjoyed this book and I’m so glad Halle wrote it the way she did and Lying season was more about Perry and Dex’s relationship than the shooting of their show. Maybe that’s why I loved it as much as I did.

I cannot lay enough emphasis on how much I like this series and how more people should read this. I blame the covers for the first 3 books but it has been remedied and the cover for Lying Season and On Demon Wings are so much better.

If you are reading my review and thinking about reading this, my advice is stop thinking and grab this book and start reading. I’m sure you won’t regret.

"You've always been there for me for Perry," he said with what sounded like velvet rocks in his voice."Even from the very beginning, even if you never meant to be, even when you shouldn't have been. You're the light in all this madness. You're my light. I should have been with you..."


1 comments:

Unknown on August 20, 2015 at 2:09 PM said...

I am often to blogging and i really appreciate your content. The article has really peaks my interest. Synagen IQ I am going to bookmark your site and keep checking for new information.http://www.healthsupreviews.com/synagen-iq/

Post a Comment

Have something to say?
I love comments on my blog. Leave a comment and I'd do my best to reply as quickly as possible.

 

Escapism Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Ugg Boots Sale | web hosting