Thursday, June 7, 2012

Dead Sky Morning (Experiment in Terror #3) by Karina Halle



My ratings: 5 out of 5 stars.
Dead Sky Morning sees Dex and Perry taking on more ghosts and mysteries head on. They have to go and spend a few days in an ex- Chinese Leper colony. Again they are thrown in the middle of supernatural/haunted situation. Will they triumph or will they succumb to the horrors of this place? Ghosts and secrets come out of their coffins, spilling their guts out in the open.

This has to be my favourite book so far. I mean I like these books more and more as I read on. It was nice to see Perry gain confidence about her. I mean it is not a massive step but it seems like she is taking baby steps towards.We all have been wondering if Perry or Dex would make a move but I can only disclose that there were some juicy moments.

The island and its dead inhabitants were playing mind games with Perry and Dex and a lot happened between the two. More information was revealed making the secrets more elusive than ever. Dex and Perry start distrusting each other and it wasn’t the romantic getaway I (I know you will too when you read this) was hoping for. Both their sanity and belief in each other came into question.


“Honestly kiddo? You’re beautiful. You use your weight as an excuse but you’re just all woman. Not every woman has to look like a stripper. Or a model. Or Megan Fox. You’re petite, have a tiny waist, a fantastic rack, a devastaing ass...what the hell more do you want? You should know. Everyone else knows it...thats’s why you’re getting all these asinine comments. Can’t you just see that it’s just jealousy that’s ripping these people apart?”


I swear I still can’t read this Dex bloke. Sometimes he is all flirty with Perry, being nice to her and giving her compliments the next he still wants to be with his girlfriend. He is one dodgy man and I want more of him. What I still love about this series is that nothing is black and white. Everything is grey. Sometimes I question if Perry even is in her right mind. I know Dex is mental (literally) but is Perry better than everybody else? She is pinning for a man who is already somebody else’s and Dex is most liking cheating on his current girlfriend. Which under normal circumstance I would find appalling but here I want stupid Jenn out of the way for Perry.


“You know I’d buy whatever you were selling,” I blurted without thinking.
He wagged his finger at me.”See, there you go, all flirting with me again.”
“Don’t flatter yourself.”
“Why should I when I have you to do it for me?”


The island was creepy. Each time I think Halle can’t come up with something creepier that the last one and she does. I mean, stranded in a deserted island, where you can’t trust your partner with ghosts haunting you and can’t run. I don’t have a lot of experience in reading horror but I have to admit that I was scared to keep reading in the middle of the day, bright sunlight shining through with my boyfriend in the next room. I had to stop reading and take a breath. As like always I felt something were not properly explained for example what did Mary want and why was she doing this? What really happened on that island was never clear. However at this point I don’t give a shining ***te about loose ends. I was just happy that Dex and Perry were still in one piece.


All the trees around us were dead and decaying, weighted down from their branches. They looked like crippled, hunched-over people being enveloped by killer slime, frozen forever in agonizing positions.



Honestly, I did not know what a great series this is. I would be honest and ask you not to judge these series by its cover because they are incredible. If I could, I would give it more than 5 stars. One of the best horror/supernatural series out there.I cannot stop myself from grabbing the next book Lying Season and I’m ever grateful to Emmy from Sinfully Delicious Books for lending me these books so that I could get another hit of Experiment in Terror.


“No. It’s always been like this. I know it has been. I feel like I can’t tell what’s a dream. What’s real. I’m going crazy. I have to be. What if all the world is inside of my head?”
“It’s not Perry. It’s not.” He held me tighter.
“What if I am really alone?”
“Baby, you aren’t alone. I’m here”
“How can I tell what’s real anymore? What’s real Dex? Tell me what’s real.”
He put his hand on my face and looked at me with the most magnetic impassioned spark in his dark eyes.”I’m real. This is real”






2 comments:

Sinfully Delicious Book Reviews on June 7, 2012 at 6:27 PM said...

GREAT review Samina! SO GLAD you love these!

*side note since it's easier to respond here* I love PNR. It's really my favorite genre. I hate trying to categorize books but now see the difference between PNR and UF. I do like UF too though.

Escapism Fanatic on June 8, 2012 at 12:41 PM said...

I like UF more than PNR. I read historical romanaces all the time but PNRs sometimes fall flat for me.

Post a Comment

Have something to say?
I love comments on my blog. Leave a comment and I'd do my best to reply as quickly as possible.

 

Escapism Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Ugg Boots Sale | web hosting