Sunday, July 31, 2011

Hunt the Moon (Cassie Palmer # 5) By Karen Chance




My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Karen Chance, what a fantastic ride you put me on. This book was non stop action, drama, romance; tension...ahh the list goes on. What can I say about this book that already has not been said? I loved it. It was like a rollercoaster ride. I really like Cassie, she doesn’t want to be in this situation but is forced to be and it is entertaining watching her grow, stumble, fall and stand up again. The mystery was great and I liked how folklore was finally put in the mix.
However I do have a few problems, which were not huge but still there, nagging me to write it down. The action scenes were rather long drawn. I mean Chance is great at writing them and all that action is fantastic when you can actually see it in your mind but after a while it gets too much and you sort of tune out. I mean you are reading but nothing is getting in your head.
Secondly, what is wrong with Cassie?She fancies herself to be in love with Mircea who is nothing but a huge manipulative, paedophilic git.Pritkin on the other hand is another story .He is such a well written character and in this edition you get to know more about him. He has had such a horrific past that it brought tears to my eyes. I wanted to rip him out of the Kindle and give the poor man a hug. Whereas Mircea only tries to get sympathy but fails miserably. I hope he falls into a bonfire and burns. Ahh...so after my ranting, Cassie chose Pritkin already or it will drive me nut as you so obviously love him.
I can’t wait for next book. It ended at a cliff-hanger; at least I would like to think so. Karen Chance that was cruel of you to leave me like this without even having a release date for the next book.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say?
I love comments on my blog. Leave a comment and I'd do my best to reply as quickly as possible.

 

Escapism Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Ugg Boots Sale | web hosting